Monday 28 January 2013

The Weekend

Didn't have much time to post over the weekend, it ended up being quite a bit busier than I was hoping for.  It went pretty well though food-wise, I tried to stick to my meal plan as much as I could throughout the days.  Saturday night we went out for dinner with Tony's family to an Italian restaurant.  The food was good, but I had a lot of anxiety over picking what to eat.  There was no salad with grilled chicken on the menu, and I couldn't just order the mixed greens, although that was kind of what I wanted to eat.  I did order that, but forgot to get the dressing on the side, so I didn't finish it.  The bottom of the salad was kind of soggy because of all the dressing, so it wasn't very good.  I decided to order a pizza with tomato sauce, basil, oregano and parmesan cheese.  I really just wanted to order the plain pizza without cheese, but I know that that wouldn't be enough either.  E.D. was very present at the restaurant.  I had a small piece of the pizza and some of Tony's butternut squash ravioli.  Then came dessert.  And limoncello shooters.  High, high anxiety there.  I had a little bit of each, and then covered up the dessert with my napkin before I finished it.

On Sunday, I took Luc to a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese, where again, I was faced with eating pizza and cake.  It was tough, but I got through it.  Luckily there was a veggie platter as well, so at least I could balance out the high-carb, high-fat dinner.

I went to the gym on Saturday and Sunday; it was really nice to be back there.  I really would like to start working it into my daily routine again, but the thought of getting up at 4:30 in the morning so I can get to the gym for 5am just seems ridiculous.  Priorities, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment