Sunday 10 February 2013

The weekend

Overall the weekend went well.  Spent a nice evening with Tony on Friday, then spent some time with Luc building Lego on Saturday.  On Sunday, I had a few hair appointments, and hit up the gym in the morning.

In sticking with my goal of being mindful of my triggers and journaling about them, I will admit that I was triggered most of the weekend, but got through it.  Body image issues, concerns about weight, and watching other people eat was quite distressing.  I weighed myself at the gym, and it said I was up 2 pounds from last week.  I was really upset about it, so was sure to eat lightly.  I had a bit of wine and pasta on Friday night, so maybe that and all the cheese and carbs I eat is definitely making me gain.  I thought about withdrawing from the program temporarily, to see if it really has helped.  But I only have 3 weeks left, and the last two will be transition weeks, so I don't have to attend all of the meals or sessions.

I really wanted to binge on Saturday night.  Tony ordered some fast food, and offered me some fries. Totally harmless gesture, but made me want to eat them.  So, popped a mint and declined.  On Sunday I felt really gross and fat.  My skin is freakin out lately, and it is really bothering me.  The scale at the gym said I was one pound down from last week, so three pounds from Saturday.  Hmm, well, I'll take it.  Better than thinking I gained weight.  I saw a really thin girl at the gym, and that made me feel fat.  The rest of the day went well, I had a few hair appointments, and then went to Tony's.  Should be a good night.  I didn't give in to any of the urges to binge, so that is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment