Saturday 2 February 2013

Day 19

Finally Friday! The week went by pretty quickly, and thankfully Friday is a shorter day.  In weekend planning, I made up a detailed schedule for getting through the weekend.  Lots of stuff going on, so I need to be sure to stick to my meal plan.

The recreation and occupational therapists took us out for lunch today.  We got to go to Earls, but of course there were a hundred rules to go with it.  We were actually allowed to order caffeinated beverages but no diet or light products.  I'm trying to avoid diet coke these days, because I think it makes me break out.  We couldn't order an entree salad, even though it's a meal in itself.  Thank god it wasn't 100% completion; restaurant portions are so big, I would have been so full!  I ordered a veggie quesadilla; it was good, but I was second-guessing my choice once I started eating it.  Lots of cheese, and the tortilla was not whole wheat.  I ate half of it, and the salad that came with it.

For snack, it was a 'mindful' snack; we were allowed to pick whatever we wanted, as long as it fit with meal plan rules.  I chose to have a yogurt, but instantly regretted it.  Too much dairy!  I wish we had some vegan protein options in the snacks.  I had trail mix at the morning snack,  so didn't want more nuts or fat.  Should have just gone with fruit. Next time.

The rest of the day was spent celebrating successes.  I'm not too sure what my successes were for the week, I guess bringing up Tuesday's struggle in psychotherapy, and not leaving on Tuesday.  Actually, I didn't even want to go on Friday, so I suppose it was a success that I actually went.

No comments:

Post a Comment