Friday 22 February 2013

Day 31

Wednesday.  I was there for most of the day, I went in for breakfast, and stayed until the afternoon snack.  Because it is a short week, we focused on weekend planning in the first group, rather than goal setting.  This weekend, I will have Luc, and I need to start trying to spend time at home, which makes me nervous.  I asked Tony if he will come over with me, just so we can spend some leisure time there, and he agreed.  I explained that I am anxious because of relapse potential, and he was very supportive.  I am very grateful that he has been so supportive going through this with me.

The nutrition processing group was interesting; this group is kind of like psychotherapy, but with respect to food.  So no topic to focus on, we can bring whatever issue we have to the discussion.  One of the new girls brought up her frustration with another group member.  Could have been a blow-out, and there was quite a bit of tension in the room.  The girls handled it fairly well, he facilitators jumped in whenever the discussion got too heated.  It was a great opportunity to discuss trust within the group, and it is hard when there is tension between certain members.  So hopefully over the next few weeks, those girls are able to work through the tension.  It seems like things with the rest of the group are going well, so that's great. 

Snacks and meals went well; I didn't have to bring anything, or make my own snacks, so that took a lot of pressure off.  I did track my calories that night though; that was very triggering for me.  Of course it was so many calories, I kind of freaked out about it.  Tony ate some mixed nuts later that night, and I had a couple handfuls.  I know it is okay to have snacks at night, and I think it was in moderation, but I still felt bad about eating.  I've been doing so well with not eating at night, that it is hard to be okay with having a snack after dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment